How to get help if you need it

In early December South Hams District Council published a revised directory of essential information and contact details for a wide range of support available across the district from the Council and other groups.

This includes:

  • details on how to apply for the Household Support Fund to get help with paying essential bills;
  • where to go for help if you have mobility needs, including applying for a blue badge or Personal Independence Payments;
  • support to pay for energy costs as well as help to improve the energy efficiency of your home to reduce fuel bills;
  • a list of places to go for financial and practical support for young people and families;
  • contacts for a wide range of other support available locally, including foodbanks, help for people feeling isolated, mental health support and where to go for money and debt advice.

The directory is available online at: